To ensure the quality of TB services and strengthen all components of Directly Observed Treatment Short course (DOTS), TB Program South Africa is:
- Working with the National Department of Health, provinces, districts, and other stakeholders to develop and implement strategic interventions that address the threats of TB, TB/HIV, and drug resistant TB;
- Jointly reviewing and update clinical and programmatic guidelines for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB;
- Reviewing laboratory systems at all levels of intervention, by conducting needs assessments, mapping TB microscopy diagnostic centers countrywide, and addressing laboratory challenges;
- Continuing efforts to strengthen the six components of the expanded STOP TB strategy;
- Conducting operational research on programmatic aspects of the project jointly with institutional partners.