As part of the USAID Tuberculosis Program South Africa, URC is managing a small grants program to fund innovative interventions to increase the availability and demand for TB and TB-HIV services.
The grants are given to local organisations to:
- implement interventions that strengthen DOTS including TB case detection
- active case finding
- follow up of TB cases
- expanding TB services for children
- integration/expansion of TB into HIV services (including implementation of 5Is), PPM DOTS
- improving access and quality of laboratory services and advocacy, communication and social mobilisation (ACSM)
- increase demand and utilisation of TB services in South Africa
The grantees, in collaboration with NTCP, local health departments, TBSA and other local agencies, work towards achieving the grant objectives (increasing community awareness, increasing demand for TB and TB/HIV services, improving treatment adherence through DOT, etc).
The program is currently implementing its 3rd and 4th wave of funding.
For more grant information, please click here to send e-mail to Hyla Van Den Berg.
Learn more about our current and previous grantees here.