The USAID TB Program South Africa is designed to support and expand current programmatic strategies by the National Tuberculosis Control Programme (NTCP), in the areas of: improving early case detection, improving access to laboratory diagnostics, ensuring that patients comply with TB treatment regimens, and providing appropriate and timely HIV care including ART treatment for eligible patients co-infected with HIV.
- Increase the quality of TB services
- Increase the availability of TB services
- Increase the demand for TB treatment
- Improve management of TB support systems
- Test and scale up new approaches for expanding DOTS coverage
PARTNERS FOR THE TB SOUTH AFRICA PROJECT
- BEA Enterprises, Inc.
- Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) t/a JHESSA
- Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA)
- Health Systems Trust (HST)
- Foundation NEXT
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria